Ship Reporting system is very important for safe navigation. Whether it is a local or international requirement, it should be followed diligently. The purposes of “Ship Reporting System” are:
- Ship Reporting System regulates and monitors ship’s traffic in the area
- It puts a standard of safety particularly to sensitive environments or aquatic ecosystem
- It helps in promoting safe and efficient navigation for all ships participating in it
- We must comply and participate in every ship reporting system
- We must send the report on time through designated stations either by voice or through messages
- Participating on Voluntary reporting schemes is highly recommended
These are just some of the importance of “Ship Reporting System”. As seaman on board the ship, we must promote a more prompt and accurate reporting whenever we participate in any reporting system. It is for our own safety.